>Remember that insane to-do list I had for the month of August? The one I posted about here? Well it’s all DONE!
Yup, that’s right — since August 1 I have done the following:
- Revised an article, doubling its length from 21 pages to 42.
- Written a short book review (after having read the book on trains and planes during my UK trip)
- Read a dissertation (defense not yet scheduled, but I’m meeting with the student this week)
- Corrected proofs of an article
- Prepared for and participated in grad student orientation activities
- And met with my colleague in the theater department re: the medieval plays we’ll be producing and teaching in 2010
In addition to that, I have also:
- Put together my annual merit report
- Written two letters of recommendation
- Had minor (very minor) surgery
- Turned in all the texts I’m putting on reserve for the fall.
The only thing I haven’t done on that original list is read the MA thesis, but only because I haven’t been given a copy of it yet.
Now all I have to do if finish up my syllabuses, which are mostly done, and decide what I’m going to do on the first day of my classes which start next week, and I’ll be completely ready for the semester!