>I’m definitely going to have to take an Ambien tonight because it’s 11 p.m. and I feel like it’s about 7 p.m. But first, before I make offerings to Morpheus, Dance has tagged me for a meme. If I do it right away, I won’t let it slip like I generally do all other memes.
So, forthwith, here are 7 strange and random things about me. (Note: I think that’s “random” in the colloquial sense — seemingly unrelated, perhaps quirky — and not in the technical sense, because if I’m deliberating coming up with these things they’re not random, right?)
1. I freak out when any TV show, book, or movie mentions internal bleeding or organ failure. Since I like police procedurals, this happens more often that you’d think.
2. I remember the very first moment I consciously realized what emotional intimacy was outside of a family relationship. (Or maybe it’s just the first moment I remember.) I was in 2nd grade and playing with my friend Teresa. She was showing me something to do with one of her dolls or stuffed animals that only she knew — some bald patch in its hair or something like that — and I was suddenly struck with a sense of the two us being alone in the world, but connected. I don’t remember the external details very clearly, but I remember the feeling of warmth.
3. I can’t say the word “breadth” right. I can’t make it sound different from “breath.”
4. I have been flirted with by an orangutan named Bruno.
5. I once briefly had a crush on a friar named Brother Mike. (Hey, he was smart and funny and not at all like the butt of medieval anti-fraternal satire.)
6. I sometimes play Scrabble by myself; it’s a habit picked up from my mother. [Updated to add: Not the online kind, but the old fashioned three-dimension kind with the wooden letters.]
7. I love the logic games on the GRE.
The rules of the meme:
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
OK, I’m going to break rules 3-4 and just say that if you haven’t done this meme yet (and I know many of you have at one time or another) and you want to, consider yourself tagged.